Accelerated growth perspectives and global expansion strategies call for internal departments to remain prepared with up-to-date and sophisticated management systems. Amid others, HR functions have become complex due to the increasing scale of businesses and changing regulations. One system that requires optimum handing in today’s business world is leave management.
There are multiple ways to manage leaves and track attendance records, either by maintaining an internally developed system, using third-party developed software to work within the intranet or available online solutions. We will be focusing on the Online Leave Management System in 2020. This is an effective concept and recently, cloud-based services have been increasing the efficiency of information transfer and recording.
Moreover, the ongoing COVID-19 situation has changed working conditions overall. Many employees have been working from home and this requires efficient attendance and leave management, for completion of tasks within the given timeframe and to avoid concerns with payroll. An online system provides the necessary flexibility and control. It does stress further on the effectiveness of an Online Leave Management System in 2020, given the prolonged effects of the pandemic.
Open office spaces, multiple branches, and evolving corporate culture that promotes employees to work from desired locations, are part of the emerging trend; for these, an Online Leave Management System is an ideal one-stop solution. Especially when it comes to global businesses, recognizing flaws and encouraging proactive changes within the system are far more effective than taking corrective measures.
If you are a functioning business, it is time for you to think about an Online Leave Management System in 2020 if:
1.You are not able to manage absentee levels
2. Project orientation does not follow set planning paths
3. If employee strength is set to increase in the near future
4. Employee productivity is not up to the mark
5. Internal systems lack prospects for regular upgrades
Online Leave Management System architecture follows the usual tiered approach, from client interface to the final access of relevant information. New planning options and features are made available to users on a timely basis. A free trial period is also offered by a few providers to simplify decision-making when it comes to selection. Practically-speaking, cost, functionality and application can be tested out precisely in this manner.
Documentation for Online Leave Management Systems is made available by solution providers, which contains information about system architecture, process models, technical feasibility and operational feasibility. Using this, mapping of functional and performance requirements is possible for a business looking at potential online systems. It is important to identify one that would be most useful and suitable to the organizational structure and HR objectives. Advantages and disadvantages should be clarified in details, apart from learning the level of security provided by the provider.
Other than core leave management tasks, what effective functions can you expect from Online Leave Management Systems in 2020?
1. Collating key member information for different projects, to avoid being short-staffed at any point in time
2. Availability of reports and dashboards based on hierarchical set-up of an organization
3. Customization options at an additional cost
4. Integration with payroll
5. Automated leave accrual numbers based on company leave policy
6. Proper record of defaults for perusal by a supervisory role
7. Decision-making clarity based on extensive availability of reports
8. Handling workplace record management concerns arising due to COVID-19
9. Incorporation of varied work situations such as flexible timings, overtime limitations and work-at-home approvals
10. Availability of services in preferred language, offered by a few providers
11. Detailed employee productivity analysis
12. Additional flexibility through mobile applications and overall ease of operation
No matter the size of a business, they can avail the benefits of Online Leave Management Systems. Here are a few prominent ones:
1. Avoid compatibility issues: With an internal Leave Management System system, making upgrades is much more difficult. It constitutes additional cost and time in the form of research, development and testing periods, which will interfere with regular activities. Temporary disruption cannot be avoided at times. Using an online system, on the other hand, offers more feasibility and access to new features.
2. Optimized scheduling: Planning and strategizing is more effective since excess leaves are prevented. Businesses can specify their range and objectives for better organization. For specific days, notices and announcements can be created to ensure employees are aware of any additional restrictions, based on planned meetings, conferences or seminars.
3. Policy and regulation compliance: These are set in accordance with directions by regional authorities and also procedures followed of individual organizations. Online Leave Management systems are capable of understanding the varying requirements and provide solutions based on these criteria. In this way, potential legal threats and issues arising out of non-compliance are avoided.
4. Time and cost effectiveness: Use of a business service provider lessens the workload on HR teams. Complex leave policies and leave types are handled by them effectively, and given their knowledge and practice, they are aware of the advantages and disadvantages of each workflow model. Cost structures depend on the services availed, and competitive pricing terms are available today.
5. Project management advantage: Optimum project management is crucial for deployment of planned strategies and ensuring timely delivery to clients. Since employee participation is important, ensuring desired numbers at each phase is essential. Using an Online Leave Management System, businesses can opt for elaborate customization tools that ensure adequate presence.
6. Self – Serve models: Employees, HR teams and managers are provided with individual access. After logging in, historic records are easily accessible to each, with exclusive data based on their role in the company. Barring this, there are no restrictions, such as would be created by limited office hours or lack of accessibility due to location constraints.
7. Employee satisfaction: Employees can view their leave balance, applications and plan out their leaves in a systematic manner. Since detailed information and records are available, there is no ambiguity or interference. Timely notifications are provided. This adds to the overall employee experience in a positive way.
8. Preventing disputes: Often, discussing leaves becomes a sensitive topic, when managers are quarrelsome or employees are unreasonable. Also, managing leaves during peak seasons can be tricky. Having a proper system in place limits disputes and biased behavior, which is normally associated with the situation.
9. Updated and accurate information : Being an automated set-up, there are no chances of any manual errors. A smooth pattern is followed to record and store details, and adopting such a disciplined approach creates overall efficiency with the organization. Since up-to-date information is available online, it is useful for decision-making, planning and co-ordination between teams.
10. Tracking productivity and performance: Performance of employees is tracked in detail, using collaborative reports that map their leave patterns and effects on productivity. One-on-one discussions and training can be facilitated based on management outlook.
Based on the number of benefits, we can see how employee management becomes more streamlined with the use of Online Leave Management Systems. Since new technology applications are being sought by researchers and developers, they aim at offering unique features that support different business sizes and HR models. Compared to a traditional or manual process, an Online Attendance and Leave Management System provides more stability, facilitates a structured approach and eases the pressures on HR and managerial roles.
In essence, Online Leave Management Systems in 2020 offer a systematic range of solutions and functions that are based on the latest trends and client expectations. Validation procedures and leave application formats are formulated through organized and approved criteria that acknowledge public holidays and maximum quotas. Procedural complexities are significantly reduced and businesses are able to focus on their goals and priorities.
Christina has been working as a freelance content writer for more than seven years, continuing enthusiastically to present insightful information in a creative manner. She is knowledgeable about various fields and has ample amount of experience creating original content. Her main focus is creating detail-oriented, well-researched and apt content as per key requirements. Most of her experience is associated with corporate business development, strategizing, proactive decision-driving tactics and topics related to trending market concepts, each specifically designed with the target audience in mind.