Wirex, a regulated institution for global digital transactions, has released the 2020 ‘Rising Women in Crypto Power List’ in association with The Fintech Times. The judges’ esteemed panel chooses the top 10 most inspirational women leading the crypto industry out of 367 entries.
The ‘Women in Crypto’ campaign endorsed by Wirex’s encapsulated the ‘Power List’ recognitions to underscore women’s achievements in this field and inspire others to get involved. The judges shortlisted Best 10 women from the long list of nominations qualifying criteria such as achievements, leadership skills, potential, ambition influence, and innovations. The winners belong to various backgrounds and include women working in events, research, and content creation domains.
The’ 2020 ‘Rising Women in Crypto Power List’ recognizes the following dignitaries
(arranged in alphabetical order)
- Christina Lomazzo, Blockchain Lead, UNICEF
- Elizabeth Kukka, Executive Director, Ethereum Classic Labs
- Inbal Polak, Director of Fund for Digital Assets, YRD Capital
- Lenka Hudáková, Events Manager, Maker Foundation
- Lucy Gazmararian, Associate Director, PWC Crypto & Fintech Advisory
- Noelle Acheson, Director of Research, CoinDesk
- Professor Tonya M. Evans, Professor, Penn State Dickinson Law
- Simone Maini, Chief Executive Officer, Elliptic
- Sofie Blakstad, CEO, Hiveonline
- Susan Crew, Content Creator, “Crypto Granny”
The announcement was made during the final phase of the campaign, with a ‘Women in Crypto’ takeover of the Wirex networks taking place from 26 October to 8 November. This event will showcase content from the Wirex women team and female influencers in the fields of crypto and fintech.
- Ashley Koh, Spark Systems COO, on what she learned as a Fintech woman
- George Coxon, Nano Foundation COO, with three things you didn’t know about Nano
- Erica Stanford, Crypto Curry Club Founder, with top tips for surviving networking events
Pavel Matveev, Wirex CEO, Co-Founder, and ‘Power List’ judge, expressed that they have been stunned by the positive response so far. He added that they are delighted to finally reveal the ‘Power List’ Top 10. Matveev further said that the platforms intend always been to equip everyone to attain access to cryptocurrency. He mentioned that it was a difficult decision to take with so many inspirational women nominated. But he was confident that those who are selected represent incredible talent of females in this field. He hopes that they inspire other women to be a part of this rapidly developing sector.
Wirex is a digital payment network and regulated entity worldwide that has forged new rules in the space of digital payments. The company created the world’s first contactless payment card in 2015 that offers consumers the opportunity to spend crypto and conventional currencies in real life seamlessly.
Wirex was founded in 2014 by Pavel Matveev and Dmitry Lazarichev, CEOs and co-founders. They recognized the need to open up the esoteric world of cryptocurrencies and make digital money available to all. Wirex offers a trusted and cost-effective service for crypto and conventional currency transactions by integrating the next generation of payment infrastructure built with cryptocurrency block, with the primary goal of making it as convenient as possible to use digital assets in daily life.
For more information, visit https://wirexapp.com/global.